Saturday, February 16, 2008

Early morning conversation

Something or the other happens daily and I cannot stop blogging about it. All the blog posts I have written it’s all the experiences I face daily, people I meet daily and the conversations I over-hear daily - sorry to say that i do this "over-hearing" thing as sometimes its interesting and sometimes :o very very shocking…

This is a case of a shocking-over-heard-conversation. I just do not understand – why me why me why why why? How do people have all the energy and patience to talk nonsense crap early morning?

As I boarded the cab today morning, I thought ill have a good sleep for one hour. My office is one hour’s journey (sometimes it’s even worse – 2 hours or more. Please refer my previous blog for that ha ha ha) from my home.

Few colleagues got into the bus in the next stop and its all started from there. There were these two married ladies – recently married I suppose – started with this conversation “married??”

Hmmm I always wonder – in India – there is a lot of stuff you can start of your conversation with a stranger (P.S: the stranger has to be of the same sex but in rare cases do occur) – for example: “married?”; “studying?”; “Where are you heading to?”; “the traffic is soo bad” etc etc.

So this was the normal beginning of a conversation between the “same” kind of species.

For your information, the women are talking and my comments (basically my thoughts at that point of time) in italics

Woman1 (W1): So where are you from?
Woman2 (W2): I am from Mysore only. What about you? (only??? What does that mean. OKAY !!)

W1: blah blah.. (at this point of time I dint hear a thing coz I was making myself comfortable in the seat so that I can sleep)
W2: oh really? That’s a nice place, no?

W1: so when u got married?
W2: I got married 7 months back. In Mysore only.
(I wondered why did she give precise details about her marriage where it happened and when it happened. The next thing I expect is “I went for honeymoon to this fantastic place u know”.. please god please don’t make her say this – I was praying to myself)

W1: hmmm.. honeymoon where did u go? (I hate this lady I swear I do let me get something in my hand – I want to kill you right now)
W2: (little hesitant as she is the INDIAN married lady) We went to Kerala – munnar and various other places. Since my husband is from the same place kerala its easy u know. And kerala is such a beautiful place, no?

W1: ya true. Very nice place. So your husband is a keralite?
W2: not a keralite basically but stayed there for long. He studied there
(I had lost my sleep and I had decided not to hear to their conversation so I dint hear to this properly).

And this conversation continued – for some more time and with more inputs from their husbands liking for food, music and what not. I swear I do not understand why do married ladies behave like this? Don’t they have anything else to talk about?

W2: keralites are smart you know.
W1: smart as in brain-wise, no?
(AAAAhhhhhhhhhh……… smart as in brain wise? Whoa what was that? I am going crazy I am angry now? Ladies wake up. I think your marriage is spoiling you……”brain wise” ??????!!@@####^%$#*!@#$? I don’t know wt to say)

And the second woman (W2) is trying to explain to her how keralites are intelligent and how they gain their knowledge. At this point of time I feel my day is gone – spoilt. I just calmed myself down – by that time the conversation had already moved ahead – still not able to take the crap that lady said – brain wise…

W2: have you heard of Tata Nano that’s been launched? Good no? everyone can have a car now.
W1: ya…
(I think this lady would have got exhausted by stressing her brain to ask a brainy question which had a brain phrase in it – that’s the reason I think she did not comment or ask questions)

W2: we can go on long drives but not get it to office no? (till this point of time I thought this lady is little intelligent and smart – of course brain-wise. But now the respect for this woman is all gone. FYI – Tata Nano is a two cylinder 623 cc, 33 horsepower rear mounted, all aluminium, multi-point fuel injection petrol engine can power the car to top speeds of 105 kilometres per hour (65 miles per hour) – the car’s speed is only 65 mph meaning meant for city not for long drives. Previews from Indian market is that it’s the common man’s car for the city limits. Hope this lady knows what city limits mean and what long drives mean.)

By the way the distance between my home and office is 26 kms and I don’t know whether this car could be used as daily mode of transport – I am not condemning the car manufacturers but I am trying to explain a few things to that lady. After this I decided not to hear a thing from them as I feel my day is going to be bad if I listen to their married life stories. Does marriage spoil one’s mind? Do the person start talking stupid – of course I am talking BRAIN WISE here?
That’s an open question that I will know when I get married. But I will make sure I be smart even after marriage – of course – brain wise :)

No comments: